There’s a good reason the phrase, “you are what you think” exists – because it’s true! When you think positively, good things happen. Just as when you think negatively, you’re more likely to see the negative side and experience bad things. If you’re having one of those days, a simple shift of your mind’s dynamic is all you need to turn a bad day into a great one. Here are 30 positive affirmations to help you do just that.
Positive affirmations have been scientifically proven to help purify our thoughts and restructure our brains so that we truly start to think everything we’ve ever wanted to achieve is possible. The word “affirmation” comes from the Latin word “affirmare”, which originally meant “to make steady, strengthen”.
It’s true that positive affirmations do provide us with strength, by encouraging us to believe in the potential we have within us. By affirming our ambitions, we empower ourselves with a genuine sense of reassurance that the words we tell ourselves will in fact become reality.
30 Positive Affirmations to Make a Bad Day a Little Better
- Tomorrow is a new beginning
- I am above negative thoughts and actions
- I am in control of my own life and future
- My obstacles are moving to the wayside; my path leads toward greatness
- I forgive those who have harmed me in the past and forgive them
- I possess everything needed to become successful
- Creative energy flows in my veins, leading me to new ideas
- I choose happiness
- My ability to conquer challenges is boundless
- I am courageous and stand up for what I believe in
- People look up to me and recognize my value; I am admired
- I have a wonderful family and amazing friends
- Though these times are difficult, they won’t last forever
- I am proud of everything I have achieved
- I am hardworking and my dedication has not gone unnoticed
- The good days will always outshine the bad
- I compare myself with no one but who I was yesterday
- I don’t expect perfection but strive to always do my best
- My thoughts are filled with positivity
- I am capable of so much more than I can even imagine
- Today I am bursting with energy and brimming with joy
- I have endless talents which I will begin to use
- My potential to succeed is infinite
- Today I leave bad habits in the past and take up positive ones for the future
- I am worthy and my confidence is soaring
- I begin today with a heart of strength and a mind of clarity
- My dreams will become reality before my eyes
- I accept all that has happened, all that is happening and all that will happen
- My life is just beginning
- I am enough
For more positive affirmations, read our post on 30 Positive Quotes About Life.
Which positive affirmations do you live by? Leave a comment below and let us know!